Sunday, January 10, 2010

The first step is...

To just start writing. I've been thinking that I need to find a way to express the convoluted and often ridiculous series of events that have been my life. And what better way than to anonymously send out my thoughts without risk of judgment, recognition or response. One can post notes on Facebook (which is bound to be read by everyone you ever met) or scribble in a journal. This medium just struck my need to express myself without the constant interaction with the people in my life. The same people and relationships that I so desperately don't understand and the reason why I'm starting this blog. I'm tired of sitting by the phone, waiting for that text, call, or email. It's a torment that I feel the need to do something about. So solution: writing. I give a little bit of credit to Stacey (former coworker). He began writing 'Thoughts of the Week' on Facebook, including just a bullet point list of things that caught his facy or interest. The ability to just get those ideas and thoughts out inspired me. I've always enjoyed writing and have found it very cathartic. However, I don't need people I actually know reading this. Half of this rant will most likely be incriminating. So forgive the grammatical nuances and other beginner mistakes. Here's goes my attempt to make sense of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment